Thinking of buying or leasing a new vehicle? Just as women and families come in all colors, sizes and personalities, cars too, have unlimited variations. There are so many choices — you want to choose a vehicle that works for you, for your lifestyle and for your needs.
Perhaps your family size is changing, you are switching careers, replacing an older vehicle, going green, or you simply want that latest model. Whatever the reason, when in the researching phase here are some steps to follow to assist in determining the right car for you:
Did You Know?
There is an estimated 265 car models in the US and now, in some cases, you can design your own. That’s a lot of choices. First thing is first: determine your budget, the style(s) and size preferred and your list of must-have features.
- Determine what model you want and what will work for your lifestyle.
- The core types of models include: Compact, Full Size, Luxury, Hybrid, SUV, Crossover, Minivan, Coupe, Convertible or Truck..
Define your Budget
- Know the range within which you are willing to spend. Remember to include any amenities and features that will make driving safer and easier. This is one of the largest purchases you will make, so ensure you are getting the car that matches your needs.
- Estimating what you are able to afford will save you time during the purchase process and help you focus your search.
- Calculate your latest credit score. In today’s market, it’s very important to know and keep track of your credit score to eliminate surprises.
- If financing, what are the current interest rates available?
- Estimate your weekly mileage and weekly cost of gas consumption.
- How long do you intend to have the car?
- Generous warranties come standard on vehicles today – take a look to determine what type of warranty provides you the maximum comfort, peace of mind and security.
- If buying a hybrid, electronic or alternative-fuel vehicle, you may be eligible for federal and possibly state tax benefits and deductions. See one of our Sales Associates for questions on this.