|MSRP: Begins at $84,200
|MSRP: Starts at $84,200, as tested Price: $103,402
- Built with a 4.4 liter, V8 engine this 400 hp superior and breathtaking vehicle is smooth and beyond powerful
- The effortless handling of the car is smooth and the suspension is refined and graceful - even with our Pittsburgh potholes. The 4 wheel disc brakes handle gracefully yet assertively
- Like other BMW's the acceleration sticks or is delayed; this was annoying with all of our hills
- 4.4 Liter, 32-valve turbocharged V-8, with direct fuel injection, 4 overhead camshafts, and Double-Vanos steplessly
- Variable valve timing
- The natural and unforced power this engine delivers is impressive. The ride is soft, yet controlled. Handling and braking are impressive. No turbo lag detected, and the ABS with stability control provides excellent stopping power.
- With separate settings for Sport or Comfort, and ease of use, and ride is enjoyable whether in the city or highway. Acceleration for on-ramp merging is exceptional.
- 14 City, 22 Highway- not great, but not so bad considering the power plant.
- This luxury ride roomy is a great road trip or city car. Its wide body and roomy interior and back seat area sits 5 adults most comfortably
- The stitched 16 way Comfort leather seats with lumbar support are like sitting on a fine sofa. Being 5' tall, easy maneuverability adjusted me to what I needed quickly. Love the keyless entry with the bush button start/stop
- Closing the typical oversized and heavier driver's side door was taxing with the subtle, flush top gutter at the top of the door; frankly I prefer a deeper opening to fully engage the door
- Lighting of panel is all soothing and easy to read instruments; ambient lighting in multiple panel locations
- LCD display of speedometer and Navigation system with exclusive visibility for driver. As fast as this car moves there are no excuses for getting a speeding ticket
- Climate control remained consistent - in the front and back of vehicle allowing everyone to be comfortable.
- The lined truck is vast. Three (3) Pullmans, multiple carry ons, duffels and totes can all be packed in this spacious area.
- The Oyster Nappa Leather seats were supple, and with the 16-way adjustable leather seats you're sure to find a position that fits you. The instrument cluster is clear and well laid out. There is ample room in the comfortable two front command seats. The back seats are vast, and can easily seat 3 adults with plenty of leg room.
- The rear end of the car has been completely redesigned. The Improved curves and fluidity of design are more reminiscent of previous generation 7-series; this will no doubt please the true BMW enthusiasts.
- The instrument cluster is easy to read and operate. The I-Drive system with on-board computer has been restructured and is MUCH easier to use than the previous model. The optional Heads Up Display provides pertinent information on the windscreen for the driver- a fantastic feature for road trips as well as every day driving.
- The heating and cooling systems work very well. With separate controls for the driver, front passenger, and rear passengers everyone can be comfortable and in control.
- The audio system is crystal clear and remained undistorted at higher volumes.
- Xenon adaptive headlights with auto-leveling and cornering lights provide a clear, bright view while driving at night.
- The trunk is large, and has considerable room. If you're traveling you'll have plenty of room for all of your luggage and golf clubs.
- Dual front and side airbags in front
- Great for night driving is the Pedestrian Detection - really helpful for those driving home at night in the winter, rain storm or fog
- Mutli camera system allows display on the nav monitor when parking or backing up vehicle.
- Dual front and side airbags in the front as well as curtain air bags for front and rear passengers
- The optional night-vision with pedestrian detection is extremely helpful when driving in bad weather and in the evenings.
- The camera system in this vehicle provides a front, rear, and side views and auditory warnings when the driver becomes too close to any object while in motion.
- Lane departure systems alert the driver when drifting by providing a visual warning as well as small vibration on the steering wheel- great for long road trips and driving in heavy fog.
- Two DVD's in the rear seat allow for entertainment galore. The Sirius™ radio and 6 CD changer are both easy to get to and change. The hi fi 10 speaker sound system with 2 subwoofers make this the car for longer rides or commutes
- Loved the navigation system which continuously reprogrammed itself every time I intentionally took a different turn than suggested
- Night vision, Heads up display, I-Pod and USB adapter, Active cruise control, HD and satellite radio. just a few of the standard and optional techno gadgets available on this car. If you like technology you'll love all the toys!
|Aesthetics & Styling
- The exterior offers detailed styling and lines. Chrome accents against the black body provide a contemporary and elegant look. The inside is equally as impeccable.
- The fluidity of design, as well as exterior and interior color-matching options is impressive. The new body style as well as the refined interior are world class and easily compete with the likes of Mercedes, Jaguar, and Lexus.
- Zero dollar maintanence program for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles
- Zero dollar maintenance program for the first 4 years or 50,000 miles
|Non-tangibles / Other
- A rear-wheel drive beauty, this car is best left in the garage a few months each year for those of us living in inclement weather cities
- This large sedan provides top-notch styling, performance and cache. If you're in the market for a luxury you will surely be pleased with this vehicle.