With this Women’s Wednesday we will focus on the Service Drive at your store.
Women buy a car about once every 6-7 years, but they visit the service lane several times a year. The good news? This is where on-going loyalty is developed. The not-so-great news is that 42% of women report they no longer go to the service department where they purchased their vehicle. And, you will never know it is their LAST visit, because they may smile, pay the bill, and never say a word, even though they have made up their mind not to return. As the Big Data Authority on women’s dealership experiences, the top 6 reasons are:
- Not satisfied with the experience
- Did not like the way they were treated
- Inability to get the problem fixed to their satisfaction
- Cost to service the repair
- Hours + Location not convenient
- Lack of concierge services
Did You Know?
While 79% of women would recommend the service department to friends and family, less than two-thirds report not receiving follow up communication. Are you and your web provider optimizing platforms to provide educational tips and stay connected with your customers, post visit? Stay in touch by being her trusted advisor 365/24/7 – not just the 3 days a year she is in your store. How? Visit here.
Increase loyalty by paying attention to the little things, like:
- Provide Ultimate Respect: Provide respect+treat women graciously every single visit. This builds rapport, trust and loyalty.
- Key Concierge Services: The #1 requested concierge item from women is a courtesy car. This shows you understand the inconvenience when the car is undergoing maintenance and repair overnight. Services like Wi-Fi/TV, café and play area for children also help deliver a quality dealership experience while women+families wait.
- Best Ear Forward: Your top listeners are the Service Advisors – or, should be. Why? To hear what women are saying and not saying. Your best listener behind the service counter makes female customers more comfortable to ask questions concerning repairs and, when triggered or upset, provides a space to problem solve and get the issue handled and move on.
- No Threatening CSI “Requests”: Careful about strong-arming your clients with comments that sound intimidating regarding CSI, like: “Leave all 5’s or call us first before submitting”. This can sound completely inauthentic and uneasy to women.
For the Top 2014 Brand as Rated by Women when Servicing their Vehicles, click here.
Want to Sell More Cars and Distinguish your Dealership to Women? Click here to learn more.
Did you receive a Free copy of the 2014 Women’s Car Buying Report? Click here to download